Techno Brain’s Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) project in Uganda
The principal objective of the Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) project is to standardize the financial management business processes, strengthening and improving financial control and reporting across all public bodies to empower them to develop better macro-economic and fiscal policies. This will in effect improve levels of transparency, accountability, and improved citizen service delivery.
- Provide timely, accurate, and consistent data for management and decision-making.
- Integrate budget and budget execution data, allowing greater financial control and reducing opportunities for discretion in the use of public funds.
- Gain an accurate picture of cash positions daily to optimize funding and investment decisions at the lowest cost possible.
- Increase visibility to ensure access to both short-term credit and long-term financing.
- Cash balances are efficiently centralized through a Treasury Single Account.
- The Treasury solution is tightly integrated into the General Ledger, Funds, Receivables, Payables, and Budgeting.
- Provide information for budget planning, analysis, and government-wide reporting.
- Facilitate financial statement preparation and provide a complete audit trail to facilitate audits.
- Support government-wide as well as agency-level policy decisions.